At Patterson as well as The School District of Philadelphia we feel that parents and caregivers are our partners.
Here are some great ways to help your child be successful in school.
- Seeing that your child attends school regularly and is on time.
- Making sure homework is complete.
- Reading with their child.
- Volunteering and/or participating in school functions.
- Checking the home to school folder weekly.
Use the new Parent and Family Portal to access all information regarding your child's education
The School District of Philadelphia offers a tool that parents and family members may use to stay connected to their child and their school. The School District of Philadelphia’s Parent & Family Portal gives you access to valuable information about your child’s education and school. You will be able to view your child’s academic history, test results, attendance, and more. You can also request to receive text messages, emails and/or phone calls about important issues that might impact your child, (i.e. weather-related school closures and delays, attendance alerts and upcoming events of interest to families).
In order to complete your registration for the Parent & Family Portal you will need:
- Your student’s ID number
- A personal email address.
- You can register for a free email account using Gmail, Outlook, or a similar service.
- Access to the telephone number on file at your student’s school.